• This topic has 22 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 17 years, 3 months ago by Unregistered-Grace12958@hotmail.com.
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Loraine Kinary

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
      I have a two year old rabbit named Snuggles. I have kept her indoors since I got her, but I need to keep her out doors now because my husbands and my daughters allergies can not take it anymore. My family and I don’t want to give the bunny away, it’s just not a option, Snuggles is part of our family. I’ve seen hutches at the pet store, and like them, but thier just to expensive. It be alot cheeper if I build one. It be a good family project. Can you please help me. The hutch style I want to build is the one that has the removeable metal tray on the bottom, to make it easier to clean, and a little house with a enclosed area thats like a little yard. The hutch has to be sturdy enough to keep three large dogs out of it. It seems my other family members think Snuggles is thier dinner. Can you please help me build my bunnies new home. I would greatly appreciate it if you sent me a list of materials, and plans on how to build my rabbits hutch. Please send them via E-mail. I would greatly apreciate it.

THANK YOU,
      Loraine Kinary

Joe

Do A search using Ctrl F to look at ALL the entries on this topic.

daniel williams

Hello
      Could you please send me plans and a list of materials I would be extremely greatful

ps Just a bog standard one no metal plate or any thing like that

luke

Please, could you send me plans for making a basic wooden rabbit hutch with a sleeping area suitable for 2 dwarf rabbits, thank you

cary

Seem to be having the same problem as these people, my daughters birthday is soon and she has set her heart on a bunny, but the cages about are way to expensive, an ideas on simple hutch building and the materials would be greatly appreciated!!!

chris mcelroen

send me the plans to my email adress

kevin fowlds

i would like atwo teir hutch with run on bottom,bed and foodarea above 1.2meters long 60 cm wide 1 meter high

Karen Ross

I am looking for plans to build a simple outdoor rabbit hutch.

Thanks!

Therese Webster

Hurry I need a simple wood and chicken wire Rabbit cage plan. Thanks

jenny

How do I build a big rabbit hutch?

Barb Wallace

Looking for plans to make a wooden & wire cage for a couple of bunnies that we would like to adopt. Something that is not to awkard to clean so the kids may be able to tend to them. We live in Victoria, BC so it gets chilly at night and it rains alot here. Thank-you for any help.

Barb Wallace

brittany

please e-mail me for instructions

Robert Fitzmaruice

My baby sister is in love with her to rabbits, but is terrified to let them out incase of the neighbours dog. Can anybody help with the plans for a large run.

THanks

Robert

Sydney Reed

Please help me I just received a rabbit for my birthday and I am looking for plans to buold a cage since buster is going to have to be an outdoor rabbit if I do not get any plans then the next step is I will have to sell buster and i do not want that to happen.

Shannon

My family hates my rabbit and they want to get rid of him if we cant get a bigger cage. Please give me instructions to build a rabbit play pen. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

you first need some wood

Kristina Kienitz

We currently have one rabbit that lives in a very nice “rabbit condo” as we call it, but my daughter would like to have more rabbits inorder to take them to the fair. Could you please send me some ideas on how to build a hutch big enough for more rabbits? Sending them via email would be fine. Thank you!!!

Jean

i HAVE A BUNNY THAT HAS BEEN INDOORS AND NEEDS TO GET OUT AND GET SOME FRESH AIR .please HELP WITH SOME simple PLANS BEFORE THE BUNNY HAS TO LEAVE

jacob

i need plans for a rabbut hutch

Rebecca Torres

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

I have a two year old rabbit named Buzsaw. I have kept him indoors since I got him, but I need to keep him out doors now because he is eat through lamp cords in the house. My family and I don’t want to give the bunny away, it’s just not a option, Buzsaw is part of our family. I’ve seen hutches at the pet store, and like them, but thier just to expensive. It be alot cheeper if I build one. It be a good family project. Can you please help me. The hutch style I want to build is the one that has the removeable metal tray on the bottom, to make it easier to clean, and a little house with a enclosed area thats like a little indoor yard with an entry access door in the rear. The hutch has to be sturdy enough to keep one large dogs out of it. It seems my other family pet thinks Buzsaw is His dinner. Can you please help me build my bunnies new home. I would greatly appreciate it if you sent me a list of materials, and plans on how to build my rabbits hutch. Please send them via E-mail. I would greatly apreciate it.

THANK YOU,

Rebecca Torres Email is: serrot40@aol.com

Joyce Landry

Looking for plans to build my rabit hutch which would be half screened and the other half enclosed. Thank you for your assitance.

Handyman
      Participant

The plans below are a compilation from several visitors to our web site. A special thanks to Doug Seibert who collected most of these.

Indoor rabbit cage plan:
      http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/rabbits/a/rabbitcageidea.htm

Rabbit Cage for two animals sits on ground:
      http://www.i4at.org/lib2/rcage.htm
      PDF Format:
      http://www.msstate.edu/dept/poultry/pub1195.pdf

Open air with roof Rabbit Hutch for two animals:
      http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/abeng/plans/6277.pdf

Open air with roof Rabbit Hutch for four animals:
      http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/abeng/plans/6137.pdf

Large Rabbit house for multiple animals:
      http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/abeng/plans/6233.pdf

Extra Large Rabbit Houses probably for agricultural or breeding
      http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/abeng/plans/6360.pdf
      and
      http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/abeng/plans/6340.pdf

Cages for sale:
      http://www.safeguardproducts.com/rabbit_cages.asp

*None of the links or sites above are affiliated with *** **** or discussions.tommmymac.us. If the link or site is no longer functioning you are encouraged to send a note to info@discussions.tommmymac.us
      and reference this URL.

Unregistered-Grace12958@hotmail.com

Dear Loraine:

I have a male rabbit that I just gave back to his original owner. He has one other male in a cage, and several females in a hutch. My son is allergic to our rabbit and we could no longer keep him on the enclosed back porch and into our adjoining kitchen.

I know your request is from last April but I have a plan for your rabbit. Take a large trashcan, turn it on its side and fill it with hay from a feed store. The floor of the can on its side can have a wire mesh attached to wooden feet so the pee and poop can fall through,and the hay and bunny stay clean. Surround the can on its side with a box made out of small wire garden fencing or turkey wire. You can crimp the top fence with these wire crimpers from the hardware store. Cut out a door and lock it. The fence can be secured to the ground with long tent stakes. Hay is about $8.00 a bale at a feed store. Water can be kept in a bowel mounted to the side of the frnce. To clean, have the end wall of the box made out of the wire removable. Pull out the can to clean, and rake out the soiled hay. If you prefer, line the ground with concrete tile so you can hose it off after sweeping. Then hose out the can. Use about a tablespoon of bleach to a bucket of water and natural coconut soap for suds. Assemble back together the can and fresh hay back into the turkey wire cage and close up the back wall. There you have it – a turkey wire cage with an igloo style trash can for shelter. You can cover the whole top with plexiglass secured with wire by making holes around the edges with a drill bit. The turkey wire will hold the plexiglass nicely and complete the roof. The can will be an easy to clean place for your bunny from wind and rain and the hay from freezing temperatures. Make the cage run long enough for 5 hops and put the can in the middle so he can go around the can for extra exercise. Make the fence tall enough so your bunny can sit on top of the can and hop off and on. You can create a slotted deck around the can so he can go under the deck when the dogs come by or lounge on the deck in the sun. You can make the deck a horseshoe shape around the can. Your bunny will like his new home and get more exercise. As for my bunny I gave back, I may have to persuade the owner to either let me have him back to put in my yard until I get another owner or let me make this type of hutch in his yard. I had no idea he would just put a piece of wood on top of the cage a leave him there in the cold without any shelter from the wind. Take care and in case you don’t have your bunny anymore, please pass on the plans to someone else. Also, bunnies really can get bit by flies. It happened to one of mine years ago. It laid eggs in its fur and they burrowed into the skin. A weaval resulted and was living inside my rabbits skin. In that case you might want to screen in the hutch with a nylon screen sewn together and slipped over the entire cage. Let me know if this helps. You won’t need a hammer and nails for this plan except for the optional deck which I know your rabbit will love and will add charm to the bunny home. Good luck with the allergies.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.