• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark Schilling

Why doesn’t Bob Villa do a show on Geodesic/monolithic Dome Homes? I’m wanting to build one and would love to here expert advise about it from someone like Bob. There are so many advantages to owning one like…

Heating and cooling efficiency.

Spacious designs and living areas.

Cost efficiency during and after building versus square/rectangular homes.

These are just a few of the many pros to these houses. I would like some other home efficiency ideas… so email me if you can help.

thanks,

mark

dp

then homes suck, who wants to live in a round house, there is so much wasted space, they dont make round furniture and who wants to stoop over every time they walk near the walls

where do you hang pictures?

there a fad that wore off many years ago(about 3 months after thery were invented

its like going to a disco and asking them to play frank zappa songs, no one is interested, you wont see bob or any main stream media spending any time on these dinosaures

your not one of them hippeis or anit-globalazation people are you? democrat? or a ralph nader-oid?

my crazy half cousin is a dreadlocked white boy that is into this stuff, all sorts of conspiracies, telsa coils and what not, charcoal foundries and prozac, ufo’s, area 51,

he stole a truck load of 3/4 inch plywood from home deopt parking lot and cut it up into ocatogns and it has been sittin for 8 yerrs now, stacked up next to his mothers garage with weeds growing around it. what a waste of good stolen plywood

when his drug induced buzz wore off , he lost intrest in his dome home

now the wood is all warped and rotted, there it sits, he foloows the greatful dead this last summer on tour and is a general waste of a person, just like these homes are

homebild

I’ve built a few ‘dome homes’ thru the years and they are NOT what you claim them to be. In fact, they are quite the opposite having much less efficient heating and cooling, spacious but very difficult to practically arrange designs, cost more per square foot than a comparable ‘square’ home because of all the extra labor that goes into fitting ‘square’ and ‘linear’ things like baths, doors, moldings and cabinets into “round” areas…..

The BIGGEST con is their limited marketability.

If dome homes were what you claimed them to be, everyone would own them and the demand for them would be high.

As it is they are difficult to even get one’s money back from since demand for them is so specialized, few that build and own them can readily sell them afterward.

A poor investment in most cases.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.