• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keith Elliott

[ Post a Follow Up Message ] [ *** ****’s Message Board ] [ Archive ] [ FAQ ]

I puchased a small vacation home in the Pocono Mountains of PA. This area has a high water table and my home inspector found a few problems. The insulation in the joists were damp, improper vapor barrier on gravel floor and minimal signs of mold and insects (carpenter ants). I had a local crawl space contractor evaluate the problems and I was told there is excessive humidity. He recommended a new 6ml vapor barrier, R-10 panel foam on all walls and install a 40 pint humidistatically controlled dehumidifier with a drain hose IN the crawl space. I’m going to replace the sump and place it in a sump liner. There was no mention of venting. There are 3 vents in the crawl space. Should they be blocked off/insulated over since there will be a dehumidifier? Does this sound correct or should I get a second opinion? Someone PLEASE HELP!!!

xilonen

sorry – thought i was posting a new question, but it posted to your pocono question instead.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.