• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wanda

Last year our garage door opener acted up when the weather got colder. It would go half way up and then stop and then act erratic and eventually we had to pull it down or up as we pressed the remote. We left for Florida for the winter expecting to call Sears for repair however when we returned in the Spring the door worked fine and has all summer and fall. Now that the weather is getting colder it has started acting erratic again. What is the solution?

Alan

Something is shifting with the cold weather, most likely the building. Just enough to bind the track a bit making the door catch. The door is designed to stop if something resists. Some doors have controls on them so you can adjust the sensitivity of the open/close sensors. If there is no adjusmtent on the opener, you’ll have to adjust figure out where the door is catching on the track and adjust the door rails accordingly. May need a pro to do that for you.

Rex

Opener worked fine until I tried closing garage door while activating home alarm. Now when I try to close I get no response. Did I fry the conrol board? RKK

Rex Kessler

Opener worked fine until I tried closing garage door while activating home alarm. Now when I try to close I get no response. Did I fry the conrol board? RKK

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.