Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-lazlowe32

Could anyone posibly tell me what color conversion the Weather Beater brand paint uses. So that I might more accuratly match colors.I am a graphic designer and a client brought in a weaterbeater paint chip and wants me to use that color. I need to know how to convert the color in adobe photoshop.

bzavitz
      Participant

Not sure what you mean by that term. Do you mean color system? The paint color systems and braphics one are completely incompatible. Regardless, I would think your best bet would be to get a Pantone book and eyeball a match.

Brian Zavitz
      http://www.HowToFindAGoodContractor.com

DanO
      Participant

** a client brought in a weaterbeater paint chip and wants me to use that color. I need to know how to convert the color in adobe photoshop. **

Can you not scan it and then just sample the resulting image from PhotoShop?

Dan O.

Faron79
      Participant

I’ve been in paint for a few years, learning under a VERY knowledgeable paint-man.
      >>> There is no “conversion” system from paint samples to a computer file. How it would look in a computer program vs. real-life on someone’s walls isn’t even realistic.
      >>> Dried liquid paint reflects light in subtle ways a computer can never show.
      >>> I’ve dealt with colors from ACE Royal, Behr, & Ralph Lauren; and used some colors in “room-simulation” programs, but it usually looks so hokey. It’s only a rough guide.
      Sorry!
      Faron

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.