Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum CLEANING BLACK GROUT OFF OF 6 INCH GRAY CLAY TILES

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      GARY ROBERSON

I AM HAVING A TERRIBLE TIME WITH BLACK GROUT ON 6 INCH GRAY CLAY TILES WITH A 3/8’S INCH JOINT. THE BLACK SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE TO CLEAN OFF WITHOUT DRAGGING BLACK GROUT OUT OF THE JOINTS WITH THE SLIGHTEST
      TOUCH OF SPONGE. IF THE GROUT IS NOT LEFT SEVERAL HOURS TO GET ALMOST HARD IT SMEARS ON TILES. IT IS HARD TO CLEAN OVER ABOUT 10 SQUARE FEET IN AN HOUR. I HAVE 11OO SQ FT TO DO. THAT WOULD TAKE 110 HOURS FOR JUST THE GROUTING PART.
      I DID SEAL THE TILES TWICE BEFORE STARTING TO GROUT. IF YOU KNOW ANY TRICKS THAT WILL HELP ME, PLEASE RESPOND BY E-MAIL.

THANKS

GARY

Chris Dale

Hi there

I was interested in your problem. Did you manage to resolve it?

In my experience there is no easy answer. The only way is to painstakingly clean any excess of at the time (a bit like bricklaying) and smooth the line out – small bits can be removed later but it is tedious. If do you leave it till later its very difficult to remove.

I have a problem with old white tile grouting that has turned black in places. Do you know of any way the black can be cleaned off without digging it out and re-doing it. Alternatively is there anything it can be cleaned with which will stop it turning black in the first place.

Regards
      Chris

Chuck Gonsalez

Now you have an all natural, non-chemical, non-toxic cleaner for tile grout of any color called R-Teez Tile Grout Cleaner. This product is unique in nature. A rubber polymer with various aggregates designed to erase the stains away. No messy chemicals or acids to worry about. No allergic reactions. Can be found in hundreds of tile & carpet centers across the nation. Soon to be in most Color Tile locations and Home Depots. Ask for the R-Teez Tile Grout Cleaner at your local Home Improvement Center. If they don’t have it tell them you need it. http://www.r-teez.com

M.Nasir Ullah

Dear sir,

It will be appreciated if you kindly let us know about tiles grout in details. We are interested to import tile grout from your co. we are agent of ‘CONMIX’ UAE please give us yours details including quality, packing, durability export terms etc.

Thanks,

M.nasir ullah

President

Property@simnibd.com

Ph: 031-724071, Fax:-880-31-724418.

BangladeshDate:-17/07/2003

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.