• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kim G

Can we park a 25’metal shipping container, plaster the floor and walls, seal (waterproof) these surfaces and “build” a cast concrete top, to function as a water storage cistern for rain water off the roof? We need 12,000 gals storage and that’s very expensive in plastic above ground tanks; a high water table and local inexperience in building underground storage makes this a risk. There is no piped supply available and the capacity of a shallow to supply all year round is doubtful. Rainfall information make its use very doable. Any suggestions?

John 2000

Hi Kim,
      Dont use a shipping container for water,do you know
      what was been in to over the last 3 years,?? no I didnot
      think so,
      If you have a high water table like you said then why dont
      you use a pump,?build a small tank from brick, render the inside
      it will save a lot of problems in the future.
      I’m thinking of the long term aspect of a container in the ground
      and any toxic material that was in the container could contamanate
      your water supply over the years.”Please don’t use a container”
      use somthing else.
      Have a look around there could be a water system for sale,
      John 2000

Angela Hatke

I am looking for someone that can help me with information on a cistern. I have a well that we drilled and I am only getting 4 gpm and I want a storage tank hoping that it will help the life of my well pump. Do you have any suggestions please contact me.

Thank you

Angie

lorrie

My husband and I are thinking about purchasing a 109 yr old home and on the disclosure form it indicates that there was a cistern (no in use anymore). Should we have any concerns or questions for the owners about the cistern. We have no knowledge whatsoever about cisterns and if there could be forthcoming problems.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.