• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bernard227

My ceiling fan vibrates and swings wildly at speed. I assume it is a matter of the blades being out of balance. Do you agree and can you tell me a systematic way to correctly balance the fan blades again?
      Thanks.
      Bernard227

Gene

Yes, I had the same problem. There’s a kit available at home centers in the fan department. It has some weights with adhesive on the back and a clip on test weight. You put the clip on weight on the suspect “light” blade and try the fan. If better, you can stick a weight on the top of the blade out of sight. Keep going until it runs smooth. It works, but you have to be patient. If it’s on a vaulted ceiling or high place, it’s very tedious. It will work though, unless the fan is REALLY our of ballance, then you might try weighing and re-arranging the blades.

Have fun.

Unregistered-chris gouveia

I had a ceiling fan installed in my kitchen. There was a hole in the drywall to fish the wire. The fan was mounted to beam, and when the the hole was patched, the fan is now making a vibration that seems to run anywhere the beam runs. It’s can’t be left like that, it so irritating. Is there something special that can be done to eliminte this noise?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.