• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      KLS

Just bought a house (not new) and one of the fans only
      worked in one of 3 clicks. Replaced the switch wire-
      for-wire (yellow = L, pink = 1, grey = 2, black = 3)
      and it still only works in one-of-3 positions.
      Using black for common I get 24vac from each at the
      connector plug just before the switch.
      Question:
      I’d like to find a schematic for it but web searches
      only turn up dealers.
      Believe its a Hunter or Hampton Bay.

Daniel Clark

Same problem here. Hunter fans come
      with switches with brand name Jin You.
      Buy a new one at the hardware store:
      switch positions all fouled up. Buy
      one with brand name Zing Ear: even
      worse. These are 5-8-wire switches.
      Since the 2 black ground wires are
      the result of a Y from one ground
      wire, maybe these are really 4-wire?
      I think not. So I took apart a Zing
      Ear. Simple construction inside.
      But its secret eludes me. I’m still
      working on it. Meanwhile I have a
      Jin You in the fan, giving Medium-Low-
      Low instead of High-Medium-Low.

Dale Grice

I replaced a broken switch where the neck had broken off. My original wiring is L yellow, 1 pink, 2 black, 3 Gray. I have bought 2 replacements at Lowes and 1 at home depot. The replacement switches do not operate it correctly the fan correctly. I put the old switch back in and it operates it correctly. I have another fan in teh house, same model that I took apart to verify wiring. It is wired as stated above. Have tried to ohm out the old switch and compare to a new one. They appear to operate differently. With the different combinations I have not had the patientence to document it. These switches appear to change resistive and capacitive elements in and out of the motor circuits. I have been searching for a schematic on teh web. Hope my experience helps you out. Dale

cliff schoenthaler

I goofed. I wanted to replace my three speed ceiling fan switch.I disconnected all the wires and did not mark them.Now I do not know where the wires go. I only have 1 speed. Can you please help me solve this problem. If so send a picture of the wiring.Thank You. Cliff

cliff schoenthaler

I goofed. I wanted to replace my three speed ceiling fan switch.I disconnected all the wires and did not mark them.Now I do not know where the wires go. I only have 1 speed. Can you please help me solve this problem. If so send a picture of the wiring.Thank You. Cliff

Nichelle

An electrition just installed two ceiling fans in my house. Now every time I turn one on they both turn on. It’s driving me crazy. I do not have the manual to put one of them on a different channal. Can you help. It is a hampton bay with the thermostat, timer and temperature control on remote.

Randy may

You can look up on the internet under Hunter’s web page and call a service center to order replacement fan switches.

John Marshall

I have to replace a switch for my lighted Ceiling Fan( I have the switch). The wiring has me buffaloed it has 2 red wires, 3 black wires and 3 white wires. How do I put the switch in to make the lights work?

John

HECTOR BELLO

I need to replace ceiling fan switch, but I missed the wires order in ports L, 1, 2, 3 for black, red, blue and yellow. Is there a standard order for them?

Steve Roberts

Emerson doesn’t make this model anymore. Any idea where to get one?

Mr. Murph

Jin You 5 lead 4 stack switch, 2 black, 2 yellow, 1 purple ceiling fan control switch, six lead reversing switch, Watson capacitor 4 lead.

Question: wiring diagram between capacitor and switch?

BobE
      BARRY E MENSCH

I can find a lot of questions regarding this switch including some asking for a diagram but I can’t seem to locate the answers. Where can I see your response?

Unregistered-LCampbell

With a suitable replacement 4 wire switch, you may (as I did) replace wire-for-wire (by physical location). The result was 3 off positions and one low speed. Not what I expected.

Look at the back of both switches. Chances are the location ID’s are different. My Zing Ear (original) had:
      1 @ 10 o’clock
      2 @ 8 o’clock
      3 @ 2 o’clock
      L @ 4 o’clock

The new switch reversed the positions of 3 & L. (Where L is line-in).

Simply mark down the wire colors according to the original markings (1,2,3 & L), and insert them into the appropriate markings in the new switch.

I didn’t pay any attention to the 1,2,3 & L markers the first time, just the location.
      Works great now.
      Hope this helps.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.