• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Andree

I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to install a Harbor Breeze fan with remote control and desperately need help. In the ceiling, I’ve a red, black, white and neutral. In the wall switch, the 2 white wires were capped off and there are 2 black and one red wires on the switch. I connected the ceiling black to the black and white to the white on the receiver, capped off the red and connected the blue, white, and black from receiver to the blue, white, and black from the fan light kit. The dip switches on the receiver and transmitter are set the same. Is the wiring wrong? Is there a certain way the receiver should be in the ceiling mounting box? Thanks.

Joe

Yes,the Receiver is to be mounted in the bell housing in the celing,or if you want to call it the oval cap that goes against the ceiling.When you wire it up ,one side that has supply line is black to black and white to white also ground to ground.The other side that goes to the fan is blue to blue(light controls)black to black(fan control) white to white,and ground,Green to ground, green.Leave the wall switch alone.and make sure the switch is in the on position and use your Remote from there on in.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.