• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      LUIS

My wife and I would like to install celing fans in our two spare rooms. The problem is that there are no existing ceiling fixtures in either room. There are a wallswitch in each room that controls the walloutlet(to plug in a lamp). My question is, can I tap into the wallswitch instead of the walloutlet. What is the difference, if any? Please HELP!!!!

Jeff H

First things first, you need to see if you have all three wires inside the switch box. There should be a black, white and bare copper wire inside the box. If you find these wires inside, YES you can tap off of the switch. If you only find the black wire there, sorry you cannot tap off of it. What ever you do please do me a favor and shut off the circuit breaker to the switch before you do anything. Should you have any problems, E-mail me and I’ll try to help you. jlennh@aol.com.
      Jeff

Andy

Iv’e got a celing fan/light combination with a remote. The remote turns controls the lignt fixture and the fan. The other day the light stayed on and would not respond to the remote. Can someone help?

Mark Martinez

my husband and i are installing ceiling fans there is exsisting light fixtures but the light fixtures have three wires black blue white and one copper exposed and the exsisting light has five wires three gray conected together and two black what would u suggest that i find the hot and the ground
      signed mark

Mark Martinez

my wife and i are installing ceiling fans there is exsisting light fixtures but the light fixtures have three wires black blue white and one copper exposed and the exsisting light has five wires three gray conected together and two black connected together what would u suggest that i find the hot and the ground
      signed mark

Mark Martinez

We are trying to install ceiling fans but run across a problem with the existing wiring. There are two groups of wires coming from the ceiling. One group has three gray wires tied together and two black wires tied together. The fan has one black wire, one white wire and one blue wire. Can you help us connect this fan to the correct wires?

mike boisseau

in the ceiling i have two wires white and yellow or black and white my fans have lights,the fan have three wires i don’t know which wires to connect to the house wires to have light and fan working please help me with what colors are what and is it somthing i can do my self because this looks intresting

Philip Giles

Our tradiional style ceiling fan has four lights. If the lights are turned off the fan is very noisy. If the lights bulbs are unscrewed from the socket the fan is noisy. If two of the four bulbs are installed the fan runs quietly. Why would this happen?

Camille

How do you determine the length of the extension rod needed for a 52″ ceiling fan to be hung on a vaulted ceiling? The room is vaulted on one side only (from an inside wall to up to outside wall) and the fan would be hung in the center.

Thanks for the help!

Sharon Williams

Can someone please e-mail me to tell me how you get the ceining fan to come down out of the “point” of a cathedral ceiling? Must you off center it or ” box in “the electrical box or can you get it to hang straight down from the point where the ceilings meet in the middle?

Ceiling Fan Trouble

Situation:

I want to swap out my basic toggle wall switch to a Hunter All Fan Control switch.

The Hunter fan wire colors (already installed):

Green, White, Black and White/Black

The ceiling box has these wire colors:

Green, White, Black, and Red

The wires connected to the Toggle switch are:

Green, Black, Red

Other wires within the switch box:

white (in and out of the box, but not attached to the toggle switch – just wire nut together), black (in and out of box, and to toggle), green (in and out of box and to toggle) and red (from toggle switch out).

Current Fan wire set up:

Green to Green, White to White, Black to Black, and Red to White/Black

The All Fan Control switch has:

Black (hot), Red (light), Blue (fan motor) and a screw for the ground.

Question:

How do I connect the All Fan Control switch? My assumption (I am very new to this) is the match the Black to Black, Green to Green, and Red to Red. This leaves the blue wire (marked for the fan motor)… What color wire within my wall switch box should I connect the blue wire on my All Fan Control switch to?

Ceiling Fan Trouble

Situation:

I want to swap out my basic toggle wall switch to a Hunter All Fan Control switch. My current configuation allows the toggle switch to turn the fan light on/off, and I use the pull chain to control the fan motor.

The Hunter fan wire colors (already installed):

Green, White, Black and White/Black

The ceiling box has these wire colors:

Green, White, Black, and Red

The wires connected to the Toggle switch are:

Green, Black, Red

Other wires within the switch box:

white (in and out of the box, but not attached to the toggle switch – just wire nut together), black (in and out of box, and to toggle), green (in and out of box and to toggle) and red (from toggle switch out).

Current Fan wire set up:

Green to Green, White to White, Black to Black, and Red to White/Black

The All Fan Control switch has:

Black (hot), Red (light), Blue (fan motor) and a screw for the ground.

Question:

How do I connect the All Fan Control switch? My assumption (I am very new to this) is the match the Black to Black, Green to Green, and Red to Red. This leaves the blue wire (marked for the fan motor)… What color wire within my wall switch box should I connect the blue wire on my All Fan Control switch to?

persch77@htc.net

which way is the ceiling fan supposd to turn in the summer, to make it more effective???

Help

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.