• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul

I will be putting a ceiling fan in a porch I have enclosed with a hot tub in it. Should I be considered with the humidity from the hot tub?

tomh

I recommend you look into fans that have a UL rating for indoor/outdoor installation. The motors are sealed to prevent damage from moisture and the blades are designed not to warp or droop due to moisture. Ceiling fans with all wood blades may become deformed while polycarbonate blades will withstand moist conditions. The indoor/outdoor rating is usually noted on the box where the UL ratings are listed.

Paul

I really don’t think the moisture would be a big issue. I do suggest installing a quality fan. I’ve installed several fans in my time. I recently installed a “Hunter” fan in my bedroom.

This fan far surpasses all others I have installed. From the installation manual to the noiseless operation, it is flawless. It doesn’t wobble a bit and won’t break the bank. About $70.

There is a great warranty associated with it too, though I can’t remember the terms of the top of my head. Good luck.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.