• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Deanna

insulation in cathedral ceiling is wet. We have a roof ridge vent and round air vents in the soffits. The roof doesn’t appear to be leaking. We think it might be caused by inadequate venting. Does anyone have any experience with the plastic vent chutes you put between the sheathing and the insulation?

Jay J

Deanna,

Soffit Chutes, Attic Chute, and Attic Ventilation Chute are what I know them as. These ‘chutes’ are used when you have soffit vents installed in conjunction with a ridge vent. This is necessary when you’re insulating a roof. The chutes allow air to flow into the soffit vent where it travels under the roof (over the chute), thus, cooling the roof, and flow out the ridge vent.

If you want to get a look-see at them, any insulation retailer should stock them. (It’s their business.) They can be found in the Yellow Pages under INSULATION CONTRACTORS – COLD & HEAT as well as INSULATION CONTRACTORS – EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES. When they’re installed, make sure the installer insulates at the top-plate so the incoming air doesn’t travel down the walls. Otherwise, you’ll have a really cold house in winter and you’ll run up your heating bill too.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Ron

I have seen cathedral ceilings where the builder did not leave enough room for air to flow above the insulation. If you trap cold air above the insulation, moisture will form.

james k turner

how do i stick frame a full vaulted celing truss
      for my livining room? I have 2x8x15ftlong that i can use to make the trusses with.

Joe

Heres a little bit of helpful info.

Check out this site.

http://www.ccnnwebdesign.com/kitchen.htm

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.