• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tom

I have a carpenter bee, but I still have not found any hole in my wood or evidence of droppings/sawdust. The bee buzzes here and there around two sides of the house. I’ve tried spraying, to no avail.

I read somewhere that they LOVE redwood. So it seems to me that a good solution would be to set up a piece of redwood that Mr. Bee can then chew it up to his little heart’s delight.

This seems so obvious that I wonder why nobody else does it. Am I missing something?

C.B. Hadley

I live in Tennessee and have had som trouble with carpenter bees. My house is built with cedar and they don’t seem to bother that but the other lumber is not cedar like the overhangs etc. The bees bore into the wood and leave their eggs then the wood peckers come dig in the wood to eat the eggs. I fould a product at Home Depot called eliminator make sure you get the one that is for boring beatles or carpenter bees. I put it a two gallon bean sprayer and gor around my house about twice a week. I really works.

C.B. Hadley

I live in Tennessee and have had som trouble with carpenter bees. My house is built with cedar and they don’t seem to bother that but the other lumber is not cedar like the overhangs etc. The bees bore into the wood and leave their eggs then the wood peckers come dig in the wood to eat the eggs. I fould a product at Home Depot called eliminator make sure you get the one that is for boring beatles or carpenter bees. I put it a two gallon bean sprayer and gor around my house about twice a week. I really works.

tomk

Among a lot of others, the Univ. of Kentucky offers a pretty good webpage about these bees and what might and might not be done about them.

http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Entomology/entfacts/struct/ef611.htm

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.