Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Rosabelle’s Mom

My fifteen year old house has a well for a water source. The dishwasher does not receive enough force from the water to adequately wash the dishes. What can I do to assist, without spending a fortune that I do not have?

Unregistered-Dodgeman

A dishwasher uses the water pressure from the house source only to fill itself. Once the dishwasher is filled, the pump in the dishwasher generates the flow and pressure to clean the dishes.
      It could be the dishwasher pump is worn, or perhaps the hot water supply isn’t hot enought?
      Good luck!
      Dodgeman

bink
      Participant

I agree with Dodgeman’s explanation. My dishwasher just fills up the bottom, then heats the water to a certain temperature and then the pump in the spray arms of the dishwasher cleans the dishes. Check to see if the spray arm filter, in the bottom of the arms, is cleaned out and not clogged up. It usually is easy to remove, but sometimes it can be tricky.

Let us know how it works out.

DanO
      Participant

** house has a well for a water source. The dishwasher does not receive enough force from the water to adequately wash the dishes. **

As Dodgeman said, as long as the dishwasher is filling to the proper lever (usually just below the heater element), the house water pressure is NOT the cause of the dishwasher not washing properly.

If it is NOT filling to the proper level, a different water fill valve may be available to deal with he low water pressure depending on the brand and *exact* model number of the unit (assuming there just isn’t a problem in the water connections to it causing the slow fill). Most dishwasher water valves will function adequately with between 20 – 120 PSI water pressure.

If the problem is NOT the water pressure to it, we’ll need the make and model number to suggest possible causes inside the dishwasher itself. You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances in the ‘Repair Parts’ section of my web site linked below.

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/parts?ref411=Dishwasher
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.