Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jlcalbre
      Participant

I recently installed several 3″ recessed light fixtues in my family room. 2 of them, conuouisly blew bulbs after being in use (off and on) for 3 or 4 days. I replaced the 2 lights in case they were defective but that didn’t solve the problem. I then reconnected the wires in the junction box to make sure the connections were nice and tight. That seemed to fix the problem until after about 2 weeks, the bulb in a different fixture blew. I am using the type and wattage of bulb specified by the manufacturer and there is no insulation arond the cans to cause the thermal protect to trip. Anyone have any ideas of what could be going on here? At $3 a bulb, I would like to get this fixed quickly! Thanks.

Jasper
      Participant

* A blown light bulb has various reasons for blowing. 1. Vibration due to mounted on a room fan or any other source. 2. Voltage spikes causing excess current through the light bulb. I have heard of devices that plug into the light socket then the buld plugs into it. This lowers the voltage or smothes any voltage spikes.
      * Go to Lowes and get cheaper bulbs, less than a buck a piece…
      Adios… Jasper

Jasper Castillo

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.