• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Darlene

We have a small bathroom that our two teenage sons use and we need help fixing the ceiling.It is a drywall ceiling.

This bathroom has a HOTMAN waterheater (european style) so the boys can take up to 30 minute showers.

There is an electric vent in the bathroom but it does not draw enough of the mositure out.

I have cleaned the ceiling once than once with TSP soap or a bleaching product. The mold keeps coming back.

I am looking for something to put on the ceiling to keep the mold away. We have talked about installing a tin ceiling or even putting up tile on the ceiling.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

Andy

I would first determine why the exhaust fan is not doing it’s job. Make sure it is not loaded with lint, and that the damper is operating correctly. Be sure the fan is vented outside, and not into the attic. Make sure there is at least a 1″ gap under the bathroom door to allow for makeup air while the fan is operating.

With proper ventilation, there should not be a mold issue at all.

Andy

BobF

I agree with the other response, but you can do one more thing. Paint the bathroom with an oil enamel to which you add a mildewcide.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.