Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum Argh! Can’t get to the ignitor on a Whirlpool SC Oven…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      alemap000
      Participant

Hi – thanks for your expertise. I have a Whirlpool Self Cleaning gas oven – Model number SF365BEYW0 – and while the upper burners work and the broiler works, the oven itself won’t go on. So the oven repair guy comes over and after an hour of trying, he can’t get the bottom of the oven off to get to the ignitor to check it. He tried going through the bottom and through the back, but the only way to the ignitor is through the bottom.

It’s got 2 screws in the back and once they’re removed, the bottom lifts up from the back edge. However, the front edge does not pop up or out, rather it’s like a hinge that won’t let go though I don’t see any hinge hardware. It seems to me that there is probably some simple trick that removes it – anyone know? My son’s 6 next week and I need to bake a cake!

Thanks-
      Pamela

DanO
      Participant

** It’s got 2 screws in the back and once they’re removed, the bottom lifts up from the back edge. However, the front edge does not pop up or out **

I’m not familiar with your exact model but most of the gas range oven bottoms I’ve seen lift up at the front while the rear stays in place (until totally removed).

If that’s the case with yours and you’re going at it from the wrong end, that may be the problem?

BTW. Was then technician you had out a Whirlpool *authorized service depot*? If not, they would likely be the best choice to call for service. If he was, you might try a Frigidaire *authorized service depot* if needed as your model looks like it *may* have been made for Whirlpool by them.

JMO

PS. If you get a chance, I would be interested in finding out its serial number.

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Whirlpool+range
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

alemap000
      Participant

Thanks so much for your reply. The model number is SF365BRYW0 – tried lifting from the front but no go. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Pamela

LarryG
      Participant

this is not the correct model number.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.