• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      The Virtual Repairman

I will help anyone with appliance problems at http://ThisOldAppliance.com

Sarah

Oven and Broiler not working, everything else is working fine. Stove is approximatly 8-10 years old. The relay board was replaced but still not working. Any ideas

d. l. brashar

only 3 years old. was working fine and all of a

sudden the pilot goes out and so does the fire.

when i relite the pilot it won’t stay lit when

i release the pilot lite button, so no fire. any

suggestions?

thanks,

Ralph Hollenberg

I have a KitchenAid model # kawe764woal that i can’t get any hot water to come into the machine. If I turn the diel to hot only, only a small trickel of water come int the machine. I have checked the hot water hose and there is water right too where the hose is conected to the machine. What should I check next?

Shannon Holmes

I have an old Westinghouse percolator that perks like crazy, but won’t shut off. I’ve never had such a problem! Is this generally fixable?

bob bronson

Whirlpool clothes washer

Model LHA5800W1

S/N CO 1436595

The washer will sometimes go into the spin cycle to dry spin the clothes and sometimes not. In looking at the mechanism that I think controls this, I think one of the solenoids is not function correctly. This solenoid has the wiring for the safety switch in the lid which shuts the spin cycle off when the lid is opened. I have checked the switch for continuity and it is OK.

I can make the spin cycle work by forcing the guide up into the solenoid putting the guide in the operating groove. This puts the washer into the operating mode for the spin cycle. These guides and solenoids are the ones that shut off the washer when there is an overload . The spin cycle will work until the lid is opened and then the guide drops into the shut off groove. When the lid is closed, the solenoid will not pull the guide back up into the operating groove which puts the washer back into the operating mode for the spin cycle.

Please let me know your opinion about this malfunction.

Donna

everything was fine, now suddenly no drinking water coming out of the door. Ice part works fine, light on door for water,etc. help!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.