Dylan Thomason

I used a hydrated lime and water solution to block-out direct sunlight. I applied four coats of the mixture w/ a simple paint roller. I probably had to apply more coats than usual seeing how we are on the top floor of an exceedingly tall building, thus no shade from any neighboring structures. To protect the rooftop; since we can entertain on it, I cut a thick drop-cloth into four squares and surrounded the skylight base and rooftop using masking tape. This came in handy, seeing how the mixture was runny. The project was completed under 40 dollars, and makes a world of difference in our dining room and master bedroom. Thank you so much TomH.