Unregistered-BobetteV

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Bruno!

It’s been a while, but here I am, back asking for advice. I really appreciated your post and I agree that any ‘friend’ who would act like this man has acted is no friend. We actually found out through his cousin who works with him that this guy has turned out to be not such a good guy. He even treats his wife and daughter bad. Who’d have guessed? We’ve known him for years and he’s done work for us before so we thought he would do a good job.
Anyway, he says that his manufacturer told him that this type of enclosure doesn’t need caulking! Not even around the windows! He also said he has never caulked any other ones he did and never had any complaints.
But of course, you have to believe what he says to buy into that, and we don’t.
So, we’re going to take your advice and contact him and his manufacturer and if push comes to shove, we’ll see him in court. We just can’t have thousands of dollars of work ruined and I would hate for my poor 83 yr old mother-in-law to find out that this beautiful porch she bought for us is being ruined.
I’m also afraid that the water will get into the walls and we’ll end up with a bad mold situation. That would be the worst.
So thank you again for your advice. You are so kind to help me. And I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving.
My email is the same if you still have it, so if you’d like to keep in touch, please feel free to do so. I always enjoyed hearing from you. I recently got a new computer and I lost my emails, so I don’t think I have yours anymore.
Take care,
BobetteV