Daniel E. Fall

Hey Andy,

I have a couple ideas for you.

First of all, one solution is to tear out the whole wall and apply a header above that area. Some knowledge of carpentry and a lot of time.

Another solution would be to run a header across that stud ‘wild on the wall’. This means you could apply a header across that span above the range hood. This would require a couple of modifications to wall cabinetry and I really don’t like the idea, but thought I’d mention it just in case you could apply it.

The best solution is this….Measure exactly that stud location and go to a furnace/sheetmetal contractor and explain your situation. They will be able to build you a custom adaptor (two piece) that will go around the stud. They are busy guys right now, so take some cash!