when you say incoming cable do you mean the wire from the top of the house to the meter and from the meter to the box? that should be #2wire.also the meter and meter box should have been changed also.having said that the old service was 110 service not 220.also if you have a 220 meter and only 110 coming from the pole then the meter will not turn.check it out or have it checked out.