Tommy Mac Discussions › Forums › Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum › slow running water in septic – cannot figure out › Check this….
* Turn off all appliances that use water
* Make sure no one flushes the toilets
* Make sure no faucets are turned on.
* NOW, check your water meter. There should be no flow. The meter should not be turning.
* If you do get an indication that there is water flow then turn off water using the cutoff valves at each toilet, Sink, Washing machine, etc…
* At some point water flow should stop.
* Note, a septic tank does not create its own water flow. Water is comming from the house.
* Toilet tank flappers are famous for leaking water.
* Hot water heaters have a relief valve that prevents water from being over heated and exploding. It could be leaking. It typically empties into the sewage pipes…
* Good luck… Adios… Jasper…