Tommy Mac Discussions › Forums › Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum › window condensation › Check for proper filter….
* I had a new furnace installed. It came with a 3 inch thick filter. Keep in mind that the actual filter layer is the same thickness as a 1 inch filter. It just provides more surface area.
* When it came time to replace, I took three 1 inch fileters and stacked them in the same space as the 3 inch filter.
* Big mistake! Condensation began at the filters! Water dripped onto the floor and the carpet became wet!.
* I went to a single 1inch filter and the condensation went away.
* Good luck… Adios… Jasper.