One of the most difficult appliance breakdowns to deal with is when your refrigerator goes out. My family’s diet completely changed for the whole week when ours was undergoing maintenance. There are some precautionary steps you can take to avoid a breakdown, however. Focus on these six steps, and you can kiss spoiled food and repair costs goodbye.
1) Clean the condenser coils (5 minutes)
2) Clean the condenser fan (5 minutes)
3) Wipe down the door gasket (2 minutes)
4) Clear the freezer vents (5 minutes)
5) Set the temperature controls to the middle settings (1 minute)
6) Clear and clean the drip openings (2 minutes).
If you want to tackle this home improvement job, visit The Family Handyman for more details, instructions and visual aids.
Credit: The Family Handyman