HGTV’s has a list of the “Six Deadly Sins of DIY Projects” that really touched a nerve with me. I have to admit my greatest weakness is tackling too many projects without comprehending how much time each one is going to take. They are:
- Time. Too many projects, all at once
- Money. “Almost impossible to foresee all the costs”
- Skill. If you pretend to be an expert, you will fool no one
- Planning. More planning usually means smoother renovations
- Mess. I have yet to be on a job site that doesn’t resemble a complete disaster area
- Enjoyment. You should remember that there will be good days and bad days
I’m writing these down and posting them on my toolbox.